Sunday, August 1, 2010

Anna Maria Island.........Shhhhhhhhhhh!




Ok, before I wax eloquent here please let it be known this information is on the down low, the QT, confidential. Capisce? Now we have that out of the way. I will actually add more than one entry on this place since there are many things to say and report on here.


For now, as an introduction, Anna Maria Island is my NEW favorite beach haunt replacing the overdeveloped and ultra crowded Destin, located in the panhandle.

Why you might ask? Well, I will tell you why.It is the definition of an old time, laid back, unpretentious, no high rise, Florida beach destination where the beach is the main attraction and along with it, a relaxed vibe, which is EXACTLY what I am looking for when I choose to venture to the beach.

What I DON'T need or want is traffic jams, beaches where you cannot see the sand for the people, crowds of tourists, 3 hour waits at local eateries, high rises as far as the eye can see.......and I think you are getting the picture here.

I stumbled on this place over three years ago as a Google search and the rest is history. I have now stayed on the island about 25X give or take in the last few years. First visit was by myself and co-incided with July 4th and the island parade which was a great start.

More to come and I will highlight certain areas and places along with nearby towns in future posts.For now, North end and Bean Point are calling my name.

Ah, the smell of the salt air, the gentle waves lapping the shell laden shore, the azure water beckoning, the sandbar not too far off shore.







No comments:

Post a Comment